Pour pouvoir visualiser son contenu vous avez besoin de Adobe Flash Player.
HOME HISTORY DATA VARIOUS PICS NEWS GUESTBOOK history suite history3 connie lindqvist a happy crew life aboard happy landings at horta at her moorings nearly ready for sea a happy crew 2 and in the past and in the past 2 The renovation the renovation suite various2 various3 some others late summer cruise 2018
"Nelly Mathilde" was named after the last Swedish commercial three masted barque and is an attempt to revive the past without losing the advantages of modern boat building. Jac M. Iversen, her noted Swedish/Norwegian designer, served his apprenticeship under Colin Archer."Nelly Mathilde" was built by Knut Aspegren at Simrishamn (South of Sweden) between 1958 and 1964, as a blue-water cruiser with undoubted sea-keeping qualities, but a good turn of speed and sufficiently spacious for on-board living.The result was a beamy long-keeled symmetrical hull with slightly more than the traditional amount of freeboard - a classic example of the Scandinavian blue-water cruiser. Her hull was built by a boilermaker, who fashioned her plates by hand. Aspegren bough an entire elm tree, and her timbers and fittings were all carved from this one log. Aspegren cruised her extensively in the Baltic.In 1972 "Nelly Mathilde" was bought by Peter Novak. He added a square rigans square sail, and took her to the Caribbean and back twice. Novak also changed her engine from the original 35 hp Volvo to the present 80 hp Ford, and lived aboard her for 13 years.David Blackburn, ex-skipper of the Ocean Youth Club's "Duet", a Victorian racing yacht with a similar rig, bought "Nelly" in 1987 and lived aboard her for 6 years. His cruising grounds ranged from the Azores to Greece, and he spent a considerable amount of time in the Balearic islands.
S.S. Nelly Mathilde